- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asian Beef and Noodles
"Delicious! I loved this for dinner served with egg rolls on the side."
"I added a egg over easy at the end much like a traditional soup that is served I believe in Japan or China but I'm pretty sure it's Japan. It is so very good this way and when the yolk breaks just adds another depth of flavor you wouldn't think you could get fro package ramen in fact you don't even get a a hint that it is it's that yummy!!!"
"My husband and I love this dinner. I use a blend of frozen broccolli, carrots, cauliflower, snow peas and water chestnuts, as well as, low sodium soy sauce to make it even more "Asian". At the end, after adding the ground beef, I also add about a cup (or more) of thin sliced yellow onion wedges and that really made it especially good."
"We loved this!!! so easy and tastes great. I used frozen teriyaki broccoli steamers and half a cup of frozen stir fry veggies since that is what I already had. It was great, and the leftovers tasted good as well."
"This recipe was easy. I did as another reviewer I added a 1/4 cup of Panda Express Teriyaki sauce and it was delish?"
"This was a great, super fast 5-ingredient fix. After a few bites, I realized it was missing a little something to put it over the top. I added about 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, and that was it! I didn't have any leftovers."
"I am not a big fan of ramen noodles, but this recipe used them well."
"Whole family loved! Few changes based on family preferences. Subbed veggie mix with steamed frozen broccoli and some fresh pea pods and mushrooms saut?ed in a little beef broth with some garlic and ginger. Otherwise followed as directed. Thanks for sharing! Definitely will make again."