This colorful, economical stir-fry dish takes only five ingredients—all of which you're likely to have on hand. Serve with a dash of soy sauce and a side of pineapple slices. Or try ground turkey instead of beef! —Laura Stenberg, Wyoming, Minnesota
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Beef and Noodles in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p18
Reviews for Asian Beef and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review