Asian Barbecued Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1. Sprinkle pork roast with garlic salt and pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- 3. Brush sauce over pork. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.