- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- In a large bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, oil and vinegar until blended. Pour half of the honey mixture into a small bowl; stir in barbecue sauce. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add barbecue sauce mixture; heat through.
- Meanwhile, whisk salad dressing into remaining honey mixture until blended. Add coleslaw mix, green onions, 3 tablespoons almonds and 2 teaspoons sesame seeds; toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle servings with remaining almonds and sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Barbecue Chicken Slaw
"The chicken tasted AMAZING! Made the full amount of dressing as I made a larger salad to feed all of us – although had heaps of salad leftover! Didn’t use coleslaw mix – used baby spinach, lettuce, cabbage, carrots as I had them on hand. Another winning recipe! Just LOVED this. Thanks for the best recipe!"
"Amazing! I added a few drops of sesame oil. Scrumptious!"
"It was a delicious and unique meal."
"This was really good! I did all the sauce prep work, toasted the sesame seeds and almonds, and chopped the green onions the night before so all I had to do at dinner time was to saut? the chicken (and I used boneless chicken tenders so didn't even have to slice the chicken breast!) and put everything together. The only change I would make is I think there is plenty of the dressing mixture for at least one and a half, if not two, bags of slaw mix. If I would have had another bag on hand, I would have added it as there was LOTS of dressing in the bottom of the bowl. This was quick easy and very tasty and I will definitely be making it again!"