Crunchy chow mein noodles and water chestnuts complement tender scallops in this elegant appetizer. Chili sauce gives the mayonnaise a bit of zip.—Thomas Kolek, Chicago, Illinois
- 9 bacon strips
- 18 sea scallops (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop; secure with toothpicks. Place on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and juice. Remove toothpicks from scallops. Top each with a slice of water chestnut; drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 18 appetizers.
Originally published as Asian Bacon-Wrapped Scallops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p176
Reviews for Asian Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review