Asian Asparagus Salad Recipe
A delightful change of pace from hot vegetable side dishes, this lovely asparagus salad gets an Asian twist with a simple marinade and sesame seeds. Once you try it, you'll serve it time and again. -Linda Hutton, Hayden, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a saucepan, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger and cumin; pour over asparagus and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Drain before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC