Asian Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, broth, wine or additional broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a small skillet, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asian Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry(2)
Sort By :
A little tame on the flavor side, but that is good for my husband who has a sensitive stomach. Overall was very good.
I just love this recipe. I have added some red onion to it also. Sometimes I use the noodles from Ramen noodle soup and, if I have all the ingredients on hand, I can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes from the time I walk in the door after work. The sesame oil gives lots of flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >