I don't mask tastes with heavy sauces, and I use oils sparingly. This is an easy-to-fix stir-fry offers a delightful garlic-orange sauce that keeps the spotlight on the vegetables.—Lee Ann Odell, Erie , Colorado
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in canola oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and orange juice mixture; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oriental Asparagus in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p7
Reviews for Asian Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2010
"Very easy to make and very nice flavor. Great for peolpe who don't typically like asparagus."