Asiago Chicken Spread Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices
- 1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cashews. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, onion, cheese, basil, pepper sauce and chicken mixture; cover and process until blended. Press into a 2-cup bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. If desired, unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers or baguette slices. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 98 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Asiago Chicken Spread
"This is a good recipe to help use that leftover chicken.Very good and easy. Served it at the Super Bowl. Took baguette slices and brushed them with garlic oil before browning them under the broiler. Very nice presentation."