- 2-1/4 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, sage and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and lemon juice until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 14 waffles.
Originally published as Asiago Cheese Waffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p187
Reviews for Asiago Cheese Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review