Arugula Summer Salad Recipe
This simple summer-fresh salad stars arugula and tomatoes—we love them both. Olive oil—the only oil I use in my kitchen—flavors the light vinaigrette dressing. —Marie Forte, Raritan, New Jersey
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the arugula, onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC