- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, combine the arugula, onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Arugula Summer Salad
"Really good simple salad. My store was out of arugula so I used spring mix instead. I also used grape tomatoes."
"I've been making this for awhile. Can't believe i haven't reviewed it before. We love it! Grow the Arugula just for this salad. My changes are: usually use red onion, and add flat leaf parsley, chopped fine. The tomatoes add nice colour, but if you don't have them, can leave them out. Yummy any way you make it. Jan."
"I find arugula to be slightly bitter so we used baby spinach. The only changes I would make to this light salad to cut down on the onion and double the dressing....it just wasn't quite enough to coat the salad well. I used the juice of a fresh lemon and it was wonderful."