Arugula Salad with Sugared Pecans Recipe
Sugared pecans make a sweet addition to this picture-perfect salad with a tangy dresing. Our home economists recommend keeping a close eye on the pecans because they toast quickly.
- 3/4 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, arugula, fennel and tomatoes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with sugared pecans. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 127 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Arugula Salad with Sugared Pecans
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC