Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1. For dressing, place 1/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Roll goat cheese in pistachios; cut into eight slices. Divide the arugula among four salad plates; top each with blackberries, blueberries, jicama, remaining strawberries and two slices of goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups salad with 4 teaspoons dressing: 159 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing
"The creaminess of the goat cheese with the sweetness of the berries is a perfect combination."