Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing
My family enjoys this refreshing salad during the spring and summer months. Sweet strawberries balance the slightly tart balsamic dressing.Jennifer Kunz, Troy, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup julienned peeled jicama
- For dressing, place 1/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and
- salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Roll goat cheese in pistachios; cut into eight slices. Divide the
- arugula among four salad plates; top each with blackberries,
- blueberries, jicama, remaining strawberries and two slices of goat
- cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups salad with 4 teaspoons dressing equals 159 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium,