My family enjoys this refreshing salad during the spring and summer months. Sweet strawberries balance the slightly tart balsamic dressing.—Jennifer Kunz, Troy, Michigan
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup julienned peeled jicama
- For dressing, place 1/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Roll goat cheese in pistachios; cut into eight slices. Divide the arugula among four salad plates; top each with blackberries, blueberries, jicama, remaining strawberries and two slices of goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p165
Reviews for Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2013
"The creaminess of the goat cheese with the sweetness of the berries is a perfect combination."