My family enjoys this refreshing salad during the spring and summer months. Sweet strawberries balance the slightly tart balsamic dressing.—Jennifer Kunz, Troy, Michigan
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup julienned peeled jicama
- For dressing, place 1/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Roll goat cheese in pistachios; cut into eight slices. Divide the arugula among four salad plates; top each with blackberries, blueberries, jicama, remaining strawberries and two slices of goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p165
Reviews for Arugula Salad with Berry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2013
"The creaminess of the goat cheese with the sweetness of the berries is a perfect combination."