We had an abundance of arugula in our garden, so I turned it into pesto. The bold green color reminds my son of something The Incredible Hulk would eat. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Featured In: 33 Ways to Turn Rotisserie Chicken into Dinner
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups fresh arugula or spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Pulse arugula, basil, pine nuts, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until chopped. While processing, gradually add 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream until mixture is smooth. Using a shredder or spiralizer, shred zucchini lengthwise into long strands.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add zucchini strands and chicken. Cook and stir until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add tomatoes, pesto, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve using a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arugula Pesto Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p28
Reviews forArugula Pesto Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2016