When we have company, arugula with brown rice is always on the menu. It’s my go-to pick for the potluck and party circuit, and I'm always sharing the recipe. —Mindy Oswalt, Winnetka, California
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 7 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Stir arugula, beans, cheese, basil and cherries into rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arugula & Brown Rice Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Arugula & Brown Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review