When we have company, arugula with brown rice is always on the menu. It’s my go-to pick for the potluck and party circuit, and I'm always sharing the recipe. —Mindy Oswalt, Winnetka, California
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 7 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Stir arugula, beans, cheese, basil and cherries into rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arugula & Brown Rice Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews forArugula & Brown Rice Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2015
"Fantastic! Easy and healthy all rolled into one. My husband and I have made this at least a half dozen times. A great weeknight light meal."