Artichokes with Tarragon Butter Recipe
- 2 medium artichokes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in. from the top. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Brush cut edges with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 2. Place artichokes in a deep 8-in. microwave-safe dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, oregano, tarragon and remaining lemon juice. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 265 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Artichokes with Tarragon Butter
"very tasty and easy to make....yummy....thanks for sharing!!!!!"