Artichokes with Tarragon Butter
“Artichokes are fun to prepare and eat as an appetizer or side dish. Serve each person a small bowl of herby butter to dip the leaves in.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium artichokes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in.
- from the top. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves.
- Brush cut edges with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Place artichokes in a deep 8-in. microwave-safe dish; add 1 in. of
- water. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until leaves
- near the center pull out easily. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, oregano,
- tarragon and remaining lemon juice. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 artichoke with 2 tablespoons butter equals 265 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.