Artichokes with Tarragon Butter Recipe
“Artichokes are fun to prepare and eat as an appetizer or side dish. Serve each person a small bowl of herby butter to dip the leaves in.”
- 2 medium artichokes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in. from the top. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Brush cut edges with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 2. Place artichokes in a deep 8-in. microwave-safe dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, oregano, tarragon and remaining lemon juice. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 artichoke with 2 tablespoons butter equals 265 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC