“Artichokes are fun to prepare and eat as an appetizer or side dish. Serve each person a small bowl of herby butter to dip the leaves in. —Marie Hattrup, Sonoma, California
Featured In: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 2 medium artichokes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in. from the top. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Brush cut edges with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Place artichokes in a deep 8-in. microwave-safe dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, oregano, tarragon and remaining lemon juice. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Artichokes with Tarragon Butter in Country Woman April/May 2008, p32
Reviews for Artichokes with Tarragon Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2012
"very tasty and easy to make....yummy....thanks for sharing!!!!!"