Artichokes with Tarragon Butter Recipe
“Artichokes are fun to prepare and eat as an appetizer or side dish. Serve each person a small bowl of herby butter to dip the leaves in.”
- 2 medium artichokes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 in. from the top. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Brush cut edges with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Place artichokes in a deep 8-in. microwave-safe dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, oregano, tarragon and remaining lemon juice. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Artichokes with Tarragon Butter in Country Woman April/May 2008, p32
Reviews for Artichokes with Tarragon Butter(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2012
very tasty and easy to make....yummy....thanks for sharing!!!!!