Artichokes with Lemon-Mint Dressing Recipe
- 4 medium artichokes
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried mint
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup dressing).
1 artichoke with 1/4 cup dressing equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 reduced-fat milk, 1 fat.