Artichokes Au Gratin Recipe
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small skillet, saute artichokes and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese until melted.
- 3. Pour over artichokes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Combine crumbs and paprika; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 190 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Artichokes Au Gratin
"This was easy and unique. We added some chopped mushrooms (cuz we love mushrooms in everything) and it was amazing. Also reheats well as leftovers."
"I make this every year for Christmas and my family just loves it."
"REAL GOOD! There is so much sauce, you could easily use three cans of artichokes."
"This was so good, were making it for thanksgiving. The only thing I would add is more cheese, also it tastes better the next day."