This easy and elegant treatment for vegetables complements a variety of main courses. "Whenever I make it, someone always asks for a recipe," Carole Boys writes from Wheaton, Illinois.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, toast bread crumbs over medium heat in 1 tablespoon oil; set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the artichokes, salt, pepper and reserved beans. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Before serving, sprinkle with cheese and toasted bread crumbs. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Artichokes and Green Beans in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p9
Reviews for Artichokes and Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review