- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise (save one half for another use). Brush bread with oil. Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Rub cut sides of garlic clove over bread; discard garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in tuna and artichokes.
- Arrange spinach over bread; top with tuna mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into six slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Artichoke Tuna Melt
Sort By :
"This is soooooooo good! Has anyone tried using basil instead of spinach? Has anyone tried this with ready made garlic bread?"
"This is super delicious! I love the garlic taste mixed in with the tuna. Sometimes I don't have time to fix the toast and stack the spinach, tomato, and cheese especially if I want to take it in a bagged lunch. So I just eat the tuna mixture with crackers and it is still really yummy. Then I might eat a spinach side salad so I still get my veggies."
"My husband and I LOVED this recipe. It was pretty messy, I think we could have made twice as much by just spreading the tuna mixture a little thinner, but it tasted very good. What a great way to use canned tuna and make a great meal!"
"After it toppled over for me the first two times, I'd recommend cutting the bread in half before sticking it in the oven for the second time. Place the two sides side-by-side to hold each other up. Today I'm lucky enough to clean tuna and tomato out of my oven. :-\ Aside from that little problem, I'd definitely make it again. :)"
"This is a keeper. Even my husband liked it!!"