- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cumin
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, pepper and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Drain pasta; toss with artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Tomato Pasta in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p26
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Artichoke Tomato Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review