Artichoke Tomato Bisque Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil and oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a blender, cover and process tomatoes and peppers until pureed. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, garlic, thyme, basil and oregano in butter and olive oil until onion is tender.
- 2. Add the broths, artichokes, cream, milk, sherry, cilantro and tomato mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook for 10-12 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to saucepan. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened; add Creole seasoning and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 150 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Tomato Bisque
"Super good! Not hard to make and really tastey"
"This one is a keeper! Finish it off with a sprinkle of Romano or Parmesan cheese."