Artichoke Tomato Bisque Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil and oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a blender, cover and process tomatoes and peppers until pureed. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, garlic, thyme, basil and oregano in butter and olive oil until onion is tender.
- 2. Add the broths, artichokes, cream, milk, sherry, cilantro and tomato mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook for 10-12 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to saucepan. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened; add Creole seasoning and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 150 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Artichoke Tomato Bisque
"Super good! Not hard to make and really tastey"
"This one is a keeper! Finish it off with a sprinkle of Romano or Parmesan cheese."