Artichoke Tartlets Recipe
Refrigerated pie pastry gives me a head start in this wonderful recipe. You can also serve these bite-size quiches as a special appetizer. —Kelly Thornberry, La Porte, Indiana
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 pitted ripe olives
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Roll each pastry sheet into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from each rectangle. Press pastry rounds onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Cut each olive into four slices. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of artichokes in each prepared cup; top with an olive slice and 1 teaspoon of cheese. Pour egg mixture into cups to within 1/4 in. of the top.
- 3. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 171 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Tartlets
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC