Refrigerated pie pastry gives me a head start in this wonderful recipe. You can also serve these bite-size quiches as a special appetizer. —Kelly Thornberry, La Porte, Indiana
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 pitted ripe olives
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Roll each pastry sheet into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from each rectangle. Press pastry rounds onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Cut each olive into four slices. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of artichokes in each prepared cup; top with an olive slice and 1 teaspoon of cheese. Pour egg mixture into cups to within 1/4 in. of the top.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Artichoke Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p14
Reviews for Artichoke Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
"I made this for my guests at a Pampered Chef holiday. It was the favorite appetizer of the party. I used more artichokes and less of the egg/cream mixture. Super Good!"