- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 pitted ripe olives
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Roll each pastry sheet into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from each rectangle. Press pastry rounds onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Cut each olive into four slices. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of artichokes in each prepared cup; top with an olive slice and 1 teaspoon of cheese. Pour egg mixture into cups to within 1/4 in. of the top.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Artichoke Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Artichoke Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
"I made this for my guests at a Pampered Chef holiday. It was the favorite appetizer of the party. I used more artichokes and less of the egg/cream mixture. Super Good!"