Artichoke Stuffing Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1. Place bread cubes in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the artichokes, cheese and poultry seasoning. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in bread cubes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk egg and broth until blended. Pour over bread mixture and mix well.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 14 cups.
Reviews for Artichoke Stuffing
"This is my favorite stuffing recipe. I was sad last year when friends said they were bringing the stuffing because I knew whatever they had wouldn't be as good. (..I was right.) Anyway, this is delicious and different but a perfect addition to the Thanksgiving table."
"Made this the last few years for thanksgiving. It's become the standard stuffing dish! Love it! I add more broth because I like it moister."
"My family liked this recipe the first couple of bites but by the end of the meal they told told me not to make it again."
"We're vegetarian and we've used it as a main course..... EVERYone loves it...we add a little less bread and a little more artichokes and cheese!"
"A new tradition at our house! Love it"
"I would like to have the nutritional information on this (and all the recipes). It was delicious."
"I had about 25 people last year for thanksgiving I only made one batch because it was a new recipe this year I am doing 5 times what the card said because it was such a big hit people wanted the recipe and were asking if there were any left overs! If the in-laws are coming you have to make this dish! (you can buy big jars of artichokes at Cosco) ask a friend if you dont have a card. Good luck and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have and will."