- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup canned water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and vinegar; brush over both sides of mushrooms. Place mushrooms stem side down on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the artichokes, roasted peppers, oregano, salt and pepper. Turn mushrooms over; broil 2 minutes longer. Fill with artichoke mixture; drizzle with dressing.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke-Stuffed Portobellos in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p57
Reviews for Artichoke-Stuffed Portobellos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2010
"My husband is a burgers and fries kind of guy, and believe it or not, he actually loves these healthy stuffed portobellos! They are super easy to make! Definitely a keeper!"