For a tasty change of pace, try these moist and tangy portobello mushrooms from Robert Beck of Springfield, New Jersey. Filled with artichoke hearts and sweet red peppers, they’re delightfully rich and flavorful.
Recommended: 31 Easy Vegetarian Recipes with 5 Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup canned water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and vinegar; brush over both sides of mushrooms. Place mushrooms stem side down on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the artichokes, roasted peppers, oregano, salt and pepper. Turn mushrooms over; broil 2 minutes longer. Fill with artichoke mixture; drizzle with dressing.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke-Stuffed Portobellos in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p57
Reviews for Artichoke-Stuffed Portobellos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review