Artichoke-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 bacon strips, halved
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the artichokes, mushrooms and broth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in stuffing mix; cool slightly.
- 2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat. On each half, make another lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2 in. of bottom; open roast and cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- 3. Spread stuffing mixture over meat. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie the roast at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; arrange bacon pieces over roast.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 351 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.