- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- Grill or broil steak until a meat thermometer reaches at least 145° (medium-rare). Slice across the grain into thin strips.
- In a bowl, combine the steak, mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes and onions. Shake dressing; pour over steak mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Line a serving platter with lettuce; top with steak mixture and dressing. Garnish with eggs. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Steak Salad in Country Woman May/June 2000, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review