Artichoke Spinach Shells Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions for 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in pasta mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 446 calories, 18g fat (13g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Artichoke Spinach Shells
"You'd never know there was sour cream in it. It is wonderful. If you like artichokes you must try it!!! It was in a Taste of Home magazine a few years ago and I actually found it while waiting at the hairdresser's. It's a family favorite."
"Is there anything to substitute for sour cream?"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.