Artichoke Spinach Shells Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions for 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in pasta mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 446 calories, 18g fat (13g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Spinach Shells
"You'd never know there was sour cream in it. It is wonderful. If you like artichokes you must try it!!! It was in a Taste of Home magazine a few years ago and I actually found it while waiting at the hairdresser's. It's a family favorite."
"Is there anything to substitute for sour cream?"