"I found this recipe in a magazine years ago," recalls Rachel Balsamo of Lewiston, Maine. "If you're looking for a vegetarian meal, it's wonderful as the main course. We like to serve it with hot dinner rolls and a salad."
- 4 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions for 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in pasta mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Spinach Shells in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p53
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Artichoke Spinach Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review