Artichoke Spinach Salad Recipe
The fresh spinach makes this a bright green salad, and the dressing adds just the right flavor.
- 12 cups torn fresh spinach
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichokes, drained and quartered
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard and onion in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC