Artichoke-Spinach Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Unfold puff pastry. Spread the artichoke mixture over each sheet to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer: 150 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Artichoke-Spinach Pinwheels
"Chilling time was closer to 45 min. before I could slice these without them falling apart. Even though I thawed and squeezed out the frozen spinach, next time, I'll use fresh spinach to avoid the moisture. The flavor was ok.... Needed more cheese and seasonings."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.