Baking the dip in the actual bread shell makes it a very attractive dish, and it's very easy to clean up. Every time I serve this, people can't believe how healthy and veggie-filled it is. —Ella Homel, Chicago, Illinois
- 3 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) rye or pumpernickel bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut a thin slice off the top of bread. Hollow out the bottom half, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into 1-in. cubes.
- Place cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Place bread shell on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon dip into bread shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Artichoke Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review