Artichoke Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and broth over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Place half of the artichoke in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper; dollop over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Artichoke Spinach Casserole
Sort By :
My whole family liked it! My daughter didn't even know she was eating spinach! I cut the recipe in half but doubled the artichokes. Next time I would use half the amount of lemon juice.
I made this for a big family Christmas potluck dinner. A couple of people asked for the recipe. Even my dad liked it and he doesn't like spinach or artichokes, I just discovered.
I did make a couple of modifications.
1 - I substituted a bag of thawed frozen cauliflower for the tomatoes since my sister doesn't like tomatoes.
2. I added a 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese to the topping mixture.
I will probably make this again and if I do, I may add in some cream cheese and/or more Parmesan.
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >