Artichoke Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1. Cook the linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the red pepper, garlic and onion in oil and butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the shrimp; saute until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 638 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 1,257 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.