Artichoke Shrimp Bake Recipe
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2/3 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place shrimp, artichokes and onions in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, lemon peel and white pepper; heat through. Pour over shrimp mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and butter; sprinkle over top.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice) equals 438 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 231 mg cholesterol, 1,257 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.