Artichoke Sausage Stuffing Recipe
I use spinach and artichoke dip to add creaminess and keep my stuffing from getting dry. Add to that sun-dried tomatoes and basil and this dish takes on a fresh Italian twist. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
- 12 cups cubed day-old Italian bread
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups spinach and artichoke dip
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook the onion, tomatoes and garlic in butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add to bread mixture; stir in sausage.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the artichoke dip, chicken stock, eggs, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture; toss to combine.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 13 cups.
Reviews for Artichoke Sausage Stuffing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC