Artichoke Sausage Stuffing
I use spinach and artichoke dip to add creaminess and keep my stuffing from getting dry. Add to that sun-dried tomatoes and basil and this dish takes on a fresh Italian twist. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 12 cups cubed day-old Italian bread
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups spinach and artichoke dip
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside. Crumble sausage into a
- large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In the same skillet, cook the onion, tomatoes and garlic in butter
- for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add to bread
- mixture; stir in sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine the artichoke dip, chicken stock, eggs,
- parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture; toss to
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at