Artichoke Rye Toasts Recipe
Quick, light and cheesy, Joann Guzolik’s mouthwatering artichoke bites make irresistible finger food for guests of all ages at her home in West Leechburg, Pennsylvania.
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the bread on ungreased baking sheets; spritz with butter-flavored spray. In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, cheeses and cayenne. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into artichoke mixture.
- Spread over bread; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Artichoke Rye Toasts in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p36
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Rye Toasts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >