Artichoke Quiche Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Stir in cheese, artichokes and onion mixture. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 232 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.