Artichoke-Pepperoni Tossed Salad Recipe
Angie Smith of Clarksville, Tennessee modeled this colorful and festive salad after one she and husband Bob first tasted in an Italian restaurant. “It’s so fast, fresh and goes with almost any pasta meal I make,” she says. “It takes only minutes to prepare, and you can vary the recipe by substituting different cheeses or Italian ham. ”
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, optional
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, artichokes, cheese if desired, pepperoni, onion and pimientos. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke-Pepperoni Tossed Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p19
Reviews for Artichoke-Pepperoni Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2012
"We serve this salad to guests whenever my husband makes his Pizza Margherita. It's always a hit."