Fresh pate made with artichokes, cream cheese, and lots of seasonings. Brought to you by dLife®
16 ServingsPrep: 180 min. Cook: 0 min.
- 15 ounces canned artichokes hearts, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, roasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch salt, to taste, optional
- 1 pinch ground cayenne (red pepper), to taste
- 2 tablespoons canned black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red bell peppers
- In a food processor add artichokes, cheeses, mayonnaise, and garlic
- and process until smooth.
- Stir in parsley; season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and cayenne
- Refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend. Spoon into crock and
- garnish with olives and red peppers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 51 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 85 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3/4 fat, 1/2 vegetable.