Artichoke Orzo Pilaf Recipe
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute leek and orzo in oil for 3 minutes or until leek is tender. Add the broth, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 181 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Artichoke Orzo Pilaf
"This is very good and so easy to make. Something different for a pasta side."
"This was so easy to make and delicious. My 2 and 4 year olds loved it."