Canned artichoke hearts bring a tangy taste to tangy orzo pasta in this side dish. "This saute is quick and easy...and tasty, too," writes Stacy Crochet of Watertown, Connecticut.
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute leek and orzo in oil for 3 minutes or until leek is tender. Add the broth, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Orzo Pilaf in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p19
Reviews for Artichoke Orzo Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2014
"This is very good and so easy to make. Something different for a pasta side."
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2010
"This was so easy to make and delicious. My 2 and 4 year olds loved it."