- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute leek and orzo in oil for 3 minutes or until leek is tender. Add the broth, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Orzo Pilaf in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p19
Reviews for Artichoke Orzo Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2014
"This is very good and so easy to make. Something different for a pasta side."
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2010
"This was so easy to make and delicious. My 2 and 4 year olds loved it."