Artichoke Olive Salmon
"After enjoying a similar Italian dish at a restaurant, I decided to crate this recipe," says Michele Salazar. "My husband loves it." In her Plain City, Ohio kitchen she smothers a salmon fillet with artichoke hearts, olives and diced tomatoes.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (20 ounces)
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- Cut salmon into four pieces. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil
- (about 18 in. x 15 in.). Top each piece with the olives, artichokes
- and tomatoes. Fold foil around salmon and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 380 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,196 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.