"My mother-in-law gave me the recipe for these cheesy appetizers when I married her son 5 years ago, and I've been making them for special occasions ever since," relates Karen Brown of Trenton, Michigan.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir
- in artichokes. Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl,
- whisk the eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in the cheese, cracker crumbs and artichoke mixture.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 1-in. squares. Serve
- warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.