- 6 frozen puff pastry shells
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, patted dry and quartered
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the remaining butter; cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until melted.
- Stir in the flour, mustard and tarragon until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cheese and pepper; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in ham and artichokes. Remove tops from pastry shells; fill with ham mixture. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Ham Puffs in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p51
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Artichoke Ham Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review