Artichoke Ham Fettuccine
“I like fixing dinner when my mom is going to be late coming home from work,” says high-schooler Katie Anderson in Spokane, Washington. “This pasta dish is so different and delicious. Artichokes and ripe olives give it a flavor that’s special.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- In a skillet, saute the ham, shallot and garlic in butter. Add broth;
- bring to a boil. Stir in fettuccine and artichokes; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) equals 381 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,038 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.